Dr. Giribala Dewasthale
Associate Professor (Marketing)
Profile: Dr. Giribala Dewasthale
Dr. Giribala Dewasthale is Assistant Professor (Marketing) and Faculty In-charge of Placements at IMDR.
Subjects taught: Marketing Management and Cases, Services Marketing and Management, Marketing Strategy, Self and Career Development, Cases in Management Processes.
Dr. Dewasthale’s areas of interest are Services Marketing and Case writing. She has written 4 case studies based on primary data for classroom discussion. In addition, she writes small cases based on current news items to be used for classroom discussion.
Dr. Dewasthale has conducted a Marketing Strategy Review and plan for an auto ancillary company in Pune and also worked with them on creating a product dossier for sales personnel containing information about segment profiles and positioning. In addition she has worked with the organization to develop job descriptions and performance measures for marketing personnel.
She has conducted Sales and Product Management Training programmes and also a programme in ‘Marketing for Non-Marketing Managers’ for a software company in Pune.
Recently, she completed a project for a process engineering firm to prepare case studies based on experiential and other data, to be used for training of their sales and service personnel.
- 2016: PhD, Savitribai Phule Pune University. Research Topic: “An Investigation into the Influence of Service industry characteristics and Employee performance on Service quality perceptions”.
- 1990: MBA, Savitribai Phule Pune University; 1st Class; Specialization: Marketing.
- 1988: BA, Fergusson College, Savitribai Phule Pune University; 1st Class.
Best Professor in Marketing – Dewang Mehta National Education Awards (Regional Round), September 2017.
1. Trained in conducting Behavioural Event Interviews (BEI) using the Critical Incident Method.
2. Has qualified the National Eligibility Test (NET), with 62% and Maharashtra State Eligibility Test (SET) with 73%.
3. Marketing in a Digital World - College of Business, University of Illinois. (Certificate Course in Digital Marketing); Coursera Course Certificates License EP8DV6VN9RK4 June 2016.
Papers and Conferences:1. Identifying Dimensions of Memorable Service Experiences: An Exploratory Study; Conference Proceedings: International Conference on Marketing, Technology and Society, IIM Kozhikode. October 2016
2. “Extending Existing models of Service Quality in terms of Employee Roles by clarifying dimensions of Employee Performance”, in Allana Journal of Management Research, Pune, June 2015.
3. Identifying and Developing Dimensions of Employee Performance in the context of Service Quality Perceptions - A scale development approach, SIBACA Management Review December 2014 (Scale developed and validated to measure employee performance dimensions influencing service quality perceptions across different service categories).
4. “Service Quality and Employee Performance: A Review of Literature”. Paper presented at National Doctoral Conference held at VIM Pune in March 2011.
5. Presented Doctoral research proposal at the 4th IIM Ahmedabad Doctoral Colloquium held in January 2011.
6. Co-authored and presented case study at the International Case Conference, Goa, November 2010. The case 'Sehat Hospital: To Bill or not to Bill?' puts forth issues in ethics, organisational behaviour and service quality faced by a hospital in its day to day operations.
7. Co-authored a paper on ‘Marketing of Bio-fertilisers’, which was selected for presentation at the Rural Marketing conference held at IIM Kozhikode in April 2008.
8. Presented a paper on ‘SME Marketing: Implication of small scale of operations for Marketing Strategy’ at the Marketing Conference at IES Management College, Bandra, Mumbai in February 2008.
View Detail Profile