Giribala Dewasthale has been a faculty member at IMDR for the past one decade. She did her BA from Fergusson College and MBA from the MBA Programme Centre, University of Pune in 1990, with specialization in the area of Marketing.She has qualified the University Grants Commission (UGC) National Eligibility Test (NET) and the Maharashtra State Eligibility Test (SET) for Lecturership. she has completed her PhD from Savitribai Phule Pune University on the topic: “An Investigation into the Influence of Service industry characteristics and Employee performance on Service quality perceptions”.
She has completed certificate course “Marketing in a Digital World” form College of Business, University of Illinois. in June 2016.
After working in a service sector company for 3 years, she chose a career in teaching. She teaches courses in Marketing Management, Marketing Strategy, Self and Career Development, Services Marketing and Management Processes, to the First and Second year students of the PGDM programme. She is also the Faculty Co-ordinator-Placements.
Dr. Dewasthale has used several innovative teaching techniques. Her areas of interest are Services Marketing and Case writing. She has written 4 case studies based on primary data for classroom discussion. In addition, she writes small cases based on current news items to be used for classroom discussion
Dr. Dewasthale has conducted a Marketing Strategy Review and plan for an auto ancillary company in Pune and also worked with them on creating a product dossier for sales personnel containing information about segment profiles and positioning. In addition she has worked with the organization to develop job descriptions and performance measures for marketing personnel.
She has conducted Sales and Product Management Training programmes and also a programme in ‘Marketing for Non-Marketing Managers’ for a software company in Pune
Papers and Conferences:
1. Identifying Dimensions of Memorable Service Experiences: An Exploratory Study; Conference Proceedings: International Conference on Marketing, Technology and Society, IIMKozhikode. October 2016
2. “Extending Existing models of Service Quality in terms of Employee Roles by clarifying dimensions of Employee Performance”, in Allana Journal of Management Research, Pune, June 2015.
3. Identifying and Developing Dimensions of Employee Performance in the context of Service Quality Perceptions – A scale development approach, SIBACA Management Review December 2014 (Scale developed and validated to measure employee performance dimensions influencing service quality perceptions across different service categories).
4. “Service Quality and Employee Performance: A Review of Literature”. Paper presented at National Doctoral Conference held at VIM Pune in March 2011.
5. Presented Doctoral research proposal at the 4th IIM Ahmedabad Doctoral Colloquium held in January 2011.
6. Co-authored and presented case study at the International Case Conference, Goa, November 2010. The case ‘Sehat Hospital: To Bill or not to Bill?’ puts forth issues in ethics, organisational behaviour and service quality faced by a hospital in its day to day operations.
7. Co-authored a paper on ‘Marketing of Bio-fertilisers’, which was selected for presentation at the Rural Marketing conference held at IIM Kozhikode in April 2008.
8. Presented a paper on ‘SME Marketing: Implication of small scale of operations for Marketing Strategy’ at the Marketing Conference at IES Management College, Bandra, Mumbai in February 2008.