Dr. Kalyani Bondre specializes in the area of Economics. She did her MA and Ph.D. in Economics from the University of Pune. She also holds a Diploma in Computer Arts and Publishing with A+ grade from CDAC. She is a University Rank Holder in both, BA and MA. She has qualified the Maharashtra State Eligibility Test (SET) for Lecturership in 2004, and was also selected for the National Merit Scholarship of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India in 2002.
She joined IMDR as full-time faculty in 2007, after teaching graduate and post-graduate courses in Economics at Fergusson College, Pune for 3 years. She has also taught Economics to law students at ILS and Marathwada Law Colleges, Pune, and the Indian Institute of Cost and Management Studies and Research, Pune. Dr. Bondre’s additional responsibilities at IMDR include being the Editor of the Institute’s Magazine, Faculty Coordinator of the Junior Placement Committee and Coordinator for the Institute’s Exchange Programme with ESSCA, France and Hungary.
Prominent Research Papers, Affiliations and Recognition:
- Member of the Research and Development Cell of the University Women’s Association, (UWA) Pune
- Worked on a Project ‘Acceptance of Organic Farming and the Human Factor in Development’, a report submitted to the State Resource Centre, Government of Maharashtra and Indian Institute of Education, June 2005
- Submitted a paper at the UWA National Conference at Nagpur in September 2005 based on the above mentioned project.
- Member of the jury at the All India Economics Students’ Summit, organized by Hindu College, University of Delhi (2004, 2005).
- Participated in the Centre for Environment Education’s International Conference for Education in Sustainable Development held in Ahmedabad in 2005.
- Selected as the Honorary Member of the Organic Farming Association of India, Goa, in 2007-08.
- Co-authored a paper on ‘Marketing of Bio-fertilizers’ which was selected for presentation at the Rural Marketing conference held at IIM Kozhikode in April 2008.
- Co-presented a case analysis and won the first prize at the first All-India Case Analysis Competition for Teachers in Business Schools conducted by the Case Research Society of India, Ahmedabad in February 2009.
- Worked on a project ‘Economic Empowerment of Women: Career and Professional Counselling Courses’, as a part of the BRPID programme, Pune
- Was selected for the Rashtriya Gaurav Award for Outstanding Performance, Meritorious Services and Remarkable Role by IIFS, New Delhi in 2009-10
- Her paper on ‘Curriculum Design for Sustainable Agricultural Development in India’ was presented at the 30th International Federation of University Women (IFUW) Triennial Conference on Education, Empowerment and Development under the Interdisciplinary Seminar, “Education for Sustainable Development”, held in Mexico in August 2010.
- Actively involved with Arbutus, an NGO working in the field of Sustainable Development.
In addition to academics, Dr. Bondre has also pursued a bright career as a Hindustani classical vocalist and has performed at prestigious platforms in India and abroad. Her album of Hindustani Vocal Classical Music was released in Pune at the hands of noted actor, Vikram Gokhale and her music was broadcast worldwide by the Wolverhampton City Radio, UK in October 2010.
Dr. Bondre can be reached at email@example.com