The Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) is a two year full time programme.
Elective Areas : Marketing, Finance, Systems, Operations, International Trade, Human Resources.
The programme is divided into 4 semesters, each of approximately 16 weeks. Classes are usually held from 9 am to 5 pm. The first two semesters are followed by a 8 weeks internship in a business organisation.
Our programme prepares students to be down-to-earth performers, who continuously learn from experience and develop into thoughtful and sensitive professionals, so that they participate and influence organisational processes in an enlightened manner. The unique design of our programme is based on the Instructional Systems Design Methodology, which aims at integrating different disciplines to make Management an enriching field of thoughtful practice. It is not modelled on any other Indian or Foreign programme.
We emphasise Self-study throughout the programme. Hence, besides classroom learning, there are assignments, case study sessions and field studies, in which students’ ACTIVE participation is expected. We desire strict adherence to the Minimum Attendance Norm, which is 80%, the remaining 20% being allowed for personal exigencies, sickness, etc.
About 40 % of the assessment is continuous and the remaining 60% through the semester-end examination. The minimum percentage for passing is 50%.
For Student Grievances mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Students will have to appear for any one of the six test i.e. CAT, XAT, MAT, ATMA, MH-CET & C-MAT.
Graduates from any discipline with or without work experience are eligible to apply for admission to this programme, provided they have obtained not less than 50% marks at graduation (45% for SC/ST candidates). Final year graduate students are eligible, provided they scored not less than 50% marks at the immediately preceding examination.
The students will further have to undergo Group Work /Personal Interview. Various criteria like previous academic records, performance in Test, Group Work /Personal Interview will be taken into consideration for final selection.
This year the students will be selected through the above mentioned process only.
IMDR follows a complete transparent academic program. Students are expected to do well in academics as per the industry requirements. IMDR gives all kinds of assistance to students who find some subjects difficult. Additional classes are conducted and students are mentored by the faculty.
Learning is the responsibility of the student. IMDR expects all students to do well. Most of our students take academics seriously, with exception of some who are not interested. The Industry appreciates the academic rigour of IMDR and our students are placed with good salary in large companies.
For the December 2017 Semester 1 exams , Out of 120 students who appeared, 77 students have cleared all the subjects and 72 students have score 1st class i.e. 60% and above in the Semester1 December 2017 exams.
Our course fees are less compared to any other AICTE approved PGDM Institute. We give opportunity to students who have failed by asking them to apply for re-evaluation and giving backlog exams. We are not interested in making money out of re—evaluation and backlog examination. The fees which we charge for re-evaluation/backlog are a deterrent for students.
It is come to our notice that some disgruntle students who are not serious about academics send anonymous complaints and spread rumours against the Institute. While we cannot do much about these anonymous complaints, we would like to inform students that we believe in merit and affordable education.
The institute offers dual specialization in which students can select a major and minor specialization area. Details are given below:
It is a eight week engagement with industry where students put theory into practice. The purpose of Summer
Internship is to “fix” the concepts – the symbolic and the iconic – with the active experience. At another level, students experience that all functional aspects of business are interlinked in any single situation. At the same time, they would perhaps become aware of synthesis of knowledge, judgement and application as they deal with situations. This unique approach underpins the Summer Internship of the IMDR student who works as a trainee during summer.
Click for Summer Internship Report and Viva guidelines.
The fees for PGDM 2018-20 batch is Rs. 2,00,000/- per year. The break-up is given below.
|Particulars||PGDM – I||PGDM – II|
|Library & IT Services||10000||10000|
|Learning Material & Examinations||5000||5000|
|Industry intership/ Placement Fee||13000||13000|
|SAP University Alliance Fee||5000||5000|
(Changes in the rules are applicable from November, 2017)
November 27, 2017